Friday, I decided to take my preschool girls to the park and then to Café Sed. Sometimes, as a teacher, I get bored being in the classroom day after day so I figure they probably do too. It had been awhile since we had done a park or Café Sed trip so off we went.
On the way, we were driving down a fairly main street and off to the side I saw a small group of people standing around talking. A woman in the group, facing the street, was standing there with her finger up her nose! I told the girls, that is why we are teaching you now not to pick your nose, so that when you are grown women you don't do it in public! (Guácala!)
At 8:00 in the morning most of the parks are still closed, because well, it is just early! So we went to a park that is part of a plaza and doesn't have a fence around it. I had brought Candi here once before.
Candi on the arced jungle gym.
Osmara on the swings.
There was a gazebo as part of the plaza, so the girls played there for a while. It was their "house" with Candi as the mom and Osmara was the child. Osmara went on to play out how she was put in a children's home because her mom didn't take very good care of her...
Osmara posing in the gazebo.
And here, pretending to be asleep.
Asleep, once more... (Candi was avoiding the camera at this point.)
Across the street from this playground there is a Catholic church that they are giving a facelift. The work-ethic of some people never ceases to amaze me! A few of the men were working while the others stood or sat and watched them, us, or other things happening around us nearly the whole time!
The girls decided to twirl in the gazebo...
and then take a picture together.
These girls can be great friends and playmates or with their strong personalities, it can be a struggle for them to get along! ...we're working on that! :)
Playing with bubbles.
After about an hour at the park, we moved on to Café Sed. Here the girls shared some Sprite and a pastry that Katie had made.
(Candi is avoiding the camera again!)
I had ordered a mocha and Katie explained to them how she used the espresso machine. Then she offered them a try of espresso. I had my camera on video all ready for a great reaction...but we didn't get one! Osmara was the only one brave enough to try it and she didn't react negatively at all! She actually said she liked it! :) (Then again, Jodi is her caretaker, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised! :) ) I don't know, maybe Candi would have liked it as well if she would have been brave enough to try.
Osmara
Candi with her frosting mustache.
When they finished eating they wanted to color, so we moved back to Katie's kiddie-corner, complete with coloring books, crayons, and a kid-size table.
Osmara
Candi
And the girls, sharing the table. :)
In my classroom I have the following verse painted on my wall (thanks to some very talented women from a workteam!):
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13
Please pray that our children would truly be taught of the LORD, and that they would have great peace!
2 comments:
They are SOOO adorable!!! Sounds like a fun change of pace.
(Love the nose part...every moment is a teaching moment! haha!)
Love,
Sarah
This makes me smile! Those girls are so cute!! makes me want to come play! :)
Can't wait till June...Levi is already talking about going to the zoo with aunt Rissa and saying prayers for the monkeys, lions, giraffes.... :) :)
Love, prayers, and miss ya!! - K
Post a Comment