Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eph 3:20, 21

Monday, September 5, 2011

the birthday that never ends

Sunday night at supper finished off my birthday month and then some... 

Before supper someone brought out a piece of my favorite oatmeal cake with amazing frosting and I got serenaded with "Feliz cumpleaños" one last time.

 My attempt at smiling for the camera failed as I have a problem blinking at the wrong time. So this is as good at it gets. 


 Then came the mob of kids ready and waiting to help me with my "mordida". 
They were kind enough to remove my glasses first. :)

They were all quite enthusiastic...
 but not quite satisfied with the results.

So they (a few in particular, like Julissa :) ) insisted that it must be redone, and better this time! 

Oh, what we don't do to humor our kids here. :)

 This was a little more satisfactory I think!

So I guess that ends my birthday for this year...and I can just enjoy being more "wise" and "mature" as a 30 year-old... :)

Oh, actually, I forgot. It doesn't end my birthday celebration. In a little less than two weeks a few of us girls are taking off for the weekend to celebrate once again! We were wanting to plan this earlier and it didn't work out. It seems like it's been a while since I've gotten away so I am looking forward to it!

We'll just call this the birthday that never ends!

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.  
Psalm 90:12

4 comments:

Schlipf family said...

what a good sport! better 2ce than 30 times I guess! glad you had such a good birthday celebration and happy for you that get to get away for the weekend soon! Love you and praying..mom/dad

Schlipf family said...

yeah for the birthday that never ends :) Levi was painting some pictures today "for Aunt Carissa" :) I don't think they'll make it to you but know you are loved!! - K

sarah.flyingkites said...

love it!!!!

Paulina Aquino said...

Prescott here we come!!! :D Thanks for turning 30 dear!