Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eph 3:20, 21

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Random update

Last Friday, Lilly invited the girls from the house to spend the night at her house so a group of us older girls got together for supper and to hang-out. It was good to reconnect!

We had great stir-fry for supper.

Kali, Raquel, and Katie

 Sarah, Pau, and I

It was super windy that night so after eating outside we moved inside. 

 Geo and Sarah 

 Roomie picture

 Pau and I


The other day at recess I saw this...
 If you can't tell what it is, it was a bunch of buzzards circling overhead. 
As soon as I saw their red heads I was immediately reminded of this time when I met one a little too up-close and personal!! 


Yesterday, Ely turned 20! A group of us went out to eat at Momo's and then to Café Sed afterward.

 Before supper, Ely opening her gifts

 The other half of the table

 Bill and Joan being cute. :)

Ely and I at Café Sed.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, a few of us girls take off for a weekend of descanso (rest) and fellowship (and of course to celebrate my turning 30 one more last time!). I pray that more than anything it can be a time to be still and spend time with our Sustainer, the One who doesn't need us but chooses to use us anyway.

Thanks for continuing to pray for the battles we face. Praise God that Satan is going to lose and Jesus Christ will be glorified! 

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 (emphasis mine)

4 comments:

Schlipf family said...

Cute pictures!!! :)
praying and praising with you!!
love ya lots,
K

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great update!! Have a wonderful, relaxing time!

Love ya!!

Schlipf family said...

interesting about the buzzard picture..Dave in his Revelation Bible study mentioned that he has seen an increase of buzzards in recent years..are they too, looking for that final battle?

Love the pictures..have a wonderful weekend...we will be praying. Love you...M/D

SchamFam said...

Carissa,
Enjoy the much needed get-away weekend! Are you going to Prescott? If so, I am JEALOUS! I love that place.
Praying for you daily-
Keith and Emily