2011 year review in photos:
In the 2010-2011 school year I taught preschool to these two little girls:
Candi and Osmara
...as well as private classes to José
and Michel.
In February, my parents and Kaleigh came down with the Gridley workteam and we had a great week together.
In April, Nicole, Michelle, María Martínez and I took a trip to Tecate, Mx
to visit the sister church.
(after church with some of the women)
In May I started private classes with Daniel.
In June, Joel and Steph got married and we had several vistors come down for the wedding. Since four of my five roommates over the past 6 years were together, we had to take a picture.
(All of us who have lived at the "Casita" at one time or another: me, Steph, Raquel, Amy, and Jenean. Katelyn was the only one missing.)
Once the kids got out of school for the summer, I headed back to IL to see my family before the summer program started.
Levi and I celebrated our birthdays early.
I got to connect up with my little nephew, Grey, again.
Our family took a family picture.
(Levi, Jeremy, Rachel, Addie, me, Mom, Dad, K, Brent, Grey, and Janelle)
I got a picture with my niece and nephews.
(Addie, Levi, and Grey)
Heading back to CVE, I got back just in time for the summer program. Each summer we have a reading program and this year the kids read to raise money for orphans and vulnerable children around the world through Lifesong for Orphans. At the end of the summer, those children who met their reading goal received a Lifesong t-shirt and book.
Then the 2011-2012 school year started.
This year I am teaching Kindergarden and started the year off with 3 students:
(Ángel, Candi, and Julián)
In September, Nicole and I took Karen (a woman we study the Bible with) and her 5 kids to Café Sed to celebrate her birthday.
(Yeshua, Mishel, me, Karen, Ximena, René, Eliezer)
Also in September, a group of my friends and I took a weekend trip up to Prescott to celebrate my 30th. It was a fun get-away!
(Nicole, me, Geo, Raquel, and Pau)
Then in October, Joel joined our Kindergarden class.
I continue to be a mentor to Jaqui
and in October, I moved (temporarily) onto campus and into the Girls' house. I have enjoyed spending more time with these girls:
(Lupita, Yaneli, Karla, Pau, Sarah, Tania, Jaqui, and Kali)
In November, we took CVE family pictures.
Raquel and I took a roommate picture.
Here is our CVE Family (which has grown quite a bit in 2011!)
CVE shared their traditional Thanksgiving meal with the community and church.
(Jaqui and I on Thanksgiving)
In December, we started preparing for Christmas and one Saturday made sugar cookies with the girls.
(Lupita, Sarah, and I)
Now, the kids are on Christmas break...and the teachers too! :)
I am enjoying spending some time with these little guys and girls...
(Levi and Addie)
(Grey with his jingle bells :) )
Looking back over 2011, the main theme that overrides all others in my mind is God's faithfulness. And my appreciation for all those who faithfully pray for us. Please continue in the new year!!
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22,23





5 comments:
Through this I not only see God's faithfulness but your willingness to be a faithful servant, doing His will. May He continue to bless and keep you as you return to CVE after a well deserved rest and visit home. We will see you in Feb!
Carol Gramm-Schrenk
Your niece and nephews are adorable!
Looks like a great year. I'm so glad to have a link to your blog. Praying for you as you begin another year in His service.
Thanks for that update Carissa! I so enjoyed seeing you and catching up the other day. I love you and thank God for your friendship and your faithful service!
I think it would be a "fun" thing to do...for us anyway if you would update your blog! :) love you and praying! m
Post a Comment