Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eph 3:20, 21

Friday, February 10, 2012

Janelle and Grey's visit

Well, I guess you have probably guessed by now that updating my blog more frequently was NOT a New Year's resolution for me...! :) But I could do a little better job, right? 

So there is a lot I could blog about... Maybe I will attempt to catch up a little. 

I don't have my pictures from my trip back to the States uploaded yet, so maybe later...

Going back a month, in January, when I came back to México I brought a few visitors with me! :) They made great travel companions! 

Grey and I on the train in the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport.

Janelle and Grey came to spend some time with me while Brent was in Australia. They got to stay with me in the girls' house and got to experience a little of life living on campus. Grey enjoyed LOTS of attention from the girls and he quickly charmed everyone he met!  

Grey had lots of fun exploring the house:

 Checking out my closet

 Finding and pushing around the step-stool

 And the kitchen stools

 Ready to help us sweep

The washers and dryer were intriguing

Grey also got to explore outside...

 Getting to know Tommy

Getting to know Felipe 

 Touring the CVE campus

 Analyzing the quality of the cement used for the sidewalk...(just kidding)

 Saying Hi to Tadeo

 Trying out the hammock on the porch

 Receiving a guided tour of the cancha from Perla

 Finding a dump truck left unattended

 Driving the bus

 Ready to help Limón with the farming

Meeting the pigs

Meeting the cows

Besides exploring on campus, Janelle and Grey also got to experience Café Sed:

Looking at all the books


 Enjoying the back patio

Eating a snack

The 3 of us

 Please, please, can I have some???

Checking out the beautiful flowers

A great place to push around the stroller 

And Grey even got a new bilingual book to read


Later, we met the girls at Las Chicas for lunch


Pau, Lupita, Jaqui, me and Grey (not pictured: Janelle)

Jonathan (who was also visiting this week), Kali, Karla, Yaneli, Sarah, and Tania

Grey got to experience chips (without the salsa) 

The rest of the week went by fast and was filled with other fun activities (and some not so fun sickness)

 Jumping on Joel and Steph's trampoline with Jaqui and Darilis

Eating at the table with the girls

Playing with Yaneli

Checking out some Bath and Body Works lotion with the girls 

 Sleeping in a crib in my room

And being super excited to help make brownies for Kali's birthday! :)

Playing with Lupita (with spray-painted pink hair!)

Listening to Lupita read books

Janelle, Grey, and Jaqui

Grey, Janelle, and Pau

Janelle and Grey, thanks for coming to visit!! Come back soon!

3 comments:

Schlipf family said...

aww I love my family! :) - K

Schlipf family said...

great pictures..so glad they could spend the time with you...love you and praying..mom/dad

Janelle said...

Aw... great pics! Such fun memories. We loved being able to come down and catch up on life at CVE again. We're praying for you all and thankful for God's faithfulness over the years!

love ya!