Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Eph 3:20, 21

Saturday, February 11, 2012

More January catch-up

In January we were blessed with more visitors than just my sister and nephew. Gloria, Maggie, and Marce also came to visit from Ixtlán. 

We went to Momo's for lunch one afternoon. It was tasty as always and of course the fellowship was a blessing!

Back: Bere, Marce, Nicole, Raquel, and me
Front: Maggie, Michelle, and Gloria

The next afternoon we made a trip up to Café Sed and enjoyed some quality time in the back patio.

 Gloria, Nicole, Bere, me, Marce, and Maggie


Afterward, we stopped by Ruth's house to see her new baby boy. 

Bere holding Santiago (James)

A little closer view


On the 15th Nicole celebrated her birthday. A few of us went out for supper to celebrate.

 Geo, Raquel, Nicole, Bere, me, and Pau


One Friday evening, Cassidy invited a group of girls over for some Hawaiian food and Soul Surfer.

Lupita, Tania, Karla, Lili, Jaqui, Yaneli, and Michelle posing with their Hawaiian punch


Another visit we received in January was from Keith & Emily, Kaleigh and Brielle. One day we went out to Momo's for lunch. It was great to see them again and amazing how fast little kids grow up! :)

Brielle, Emily, Keith, Tania, Jaqui, Lupita, Yaneli, Kaleigh, Karla, Michelle, and Pau


Near the end of January, Sarah and I took care of the Rink kids while Joel and Steph were back in the States.

 On Friday evening we took them out to Gallego's (a taco stand, somewhat similar to Momo's). Our waiter looked (and probably was) about 12 or 13 years old but he did a pretty good job! 

Candi, Aron, and Marcos

Sarah and Diego

Candi and I

Sadly, these are the only pictures that I took of our time with the kids. 

In the way of other news, in January I officially moved out of my "casita" in town and into the girls' house here on campus. After 6 years of living in town this has been a little different, but a good change too. It also made room at the casita for Jessica, who moved in with Raquel as I moved out. 


Here are my new roomates: 
Lupita, Yaneli, Karla, Pau, Sarah, Tania, Jaqui, and Kali


It is handy not to have to make the trip in from town every morning before school and a blessing to interact with these girls on a daily basis. 
Not long after I had moved in I was talking with a few of the girls. I made a comment about something I was going to do when I "grew up". One of them stopped and looked at me and said, Don't you think you should stop saying that since you are grown up? Well, I guess maybe so... :)


But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee:  Isaiah 43:1-4a

Thank you for your continued prayers. God continues to show His faithfulness and mercy as He shapes and molds us, breaking us and putting us back together in a way that better reflects Jesus Christ. He continues to work to bring healing to deep wounds, a painful though necessary process. I pray that God will continue to work in ways only He can so that the name of Jesus will be lifted up!

3 comments:

Schlipf family said...

Change is a constant in this life it seems...so thankful God shows us the way. Love you so much and praying! m/d

Schlipf family said...

That makes me laugh about the growing up business :) :) I don't think I'll ever grow up ;) Love you and praying for you always!! - K

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great update and pictures!

I'll email you soon...