I am a little behind in my blog posting mainly because I was a little busy this past week but more on that later...
The first wedding in our church here in Magdalena
Joel and Steph's wedding weekend was really a blessing. It has been such a testimony to see God working in their individual lives over the past 5 years. We have witnessed Him change and shape them, making them more into the reflection of Christ. We have seen Him prepare them for this moment and for the years that they have, Lord willing, ahead of them. In His perfect timing and all-knowingness, He chose June 5 for Joel and Steph to join their lives together as one in front of a church full of witnesses (some of which had never before witnessed a wedding, much less a Christian wedding). And not only have we witnessed God bring Joel and Steph together, we have also been given the privilege to see Him create a new family as they pursue the adoption of the four siblings that Steph has been caring for over the last 4 or so years. Joel and Steph's immediate families were all able to attend the wedding which was fun, fun to watch two families get to know each other and blend. Fun to have the extra visitors and connect with friends and acquaintances we don't often see. Overall, just a clear testimony of God's wisdom in directing the lives of those who surrender to Him.
Unfortunately, I took very few pictures of the weekend...so I will share a few of those I did take:
Saturday we spent time in the kitchen preparing food for the rehearsal dinner.
Here Jenna and Klint are having a race to see who can squeeze the most lime juice the fastest... I think Klint won because Jenna's lime juicer broke. :P
Jenna, Sarah, and Klint
Cutting up tomatoes and such for salsa and guacamole...
Jenean, Jenna, Sarah, Klint, Jamie R, Lili
I didn't take any other pictures of Saturday's activities, so on to after the wedding...
Steph's English class sang her a song while Pau played the guitar at the reception.
Isaac, Jazany, Ramsés, Marcos, Yaneli and Pau
I tried to get Marcos to pose for me in his cute tie and vest, but alas...he just made funny faces.
Later, he was looking at the pictures and cringing...what can I say...?!
Pau, Michelle, and Nicole
I think it is just a fact here, the kids, especially the younger ones, LOVE Mike L.
Mike and Jorge (doesn't Jorge look so cute in his little outfit!?)
Magda and Nicole
Aron and Diego looking super cute in their outfits as well. :)
Estephanía in her new dress for the wedding
Jodi with her boys (Eduardo and Jorge)
Mike and Keyla (the kids loved his tie too!)
And the happy couple!
Mr. & Mrs. Rinkenberger
Katie and Sara (Sara and Ty are here for several weeks this summer helping out)
And the get-away vehicle.... which of course, was the Gator! :)
I love the "Just Casado" on the sign (a great example of our CVE Spanglish! :) )
Joel and Steph stuck around until Monday morning when they took their families up to Tucson and then headed on their luna de miel (honeymoon). Sunday night they shared their story with family and friends. Funny stuff. :) And again a great testimony to God's ways of working that are far above ours!
Before they took off we snapped a picture of the Chicas de la Casita (that is what I prefer to call it...otherwise known as Carissa's many roommates..!). I had noted prior to the weekend that all of my former Magdalena roommates minus Katelyn T. Schroeder would be back for the wedding and thought it would be fun to take a picture of us all together. I have lived in the same house, La Casita, for all of the 5.5 years I've been here. And God has blessed me with five different roommates. We had to laugh as we took the picture about how many times the front bedroom has changed colors...I think at least 3 compared to the 1 coat on the rest of the house! :) Amy and Jenean, great to have you down again!!
(me, Steph, Raquel, Amy, Jenean)
The verses from the weekend:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:8-11
Praise God for His continual working in our lives, changing and shaping us into the image of Christ. Please pray that we will have the grace to surrender to this molding and shaping, to learn the lessons He seeks to teach us, to let go of what is only a hindrance, and to cling to what draws us closer to our heavenly goal. Pray that we can reflect the love of Christ to those around us through the way we respond to life's joys and hard times. Please pray that we as staff, as well as our kids, will accept and choose God's ways and not our own, and that His purposes will be accomplished in our lives for His glory.

1 comment:
GREAT re-cap. It's so fun seeing everyone's pictures!
Post a Comment