The other day I was reading in Deuteronomy and came across these verses:
Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day. Deut 5:12-15
What struck me was in the last verse where it says, remember....
Remember that you were a slave, remember that God brought you out of that slavery with a mighty hand, with an out-stretched arm... (paraphrase and italics mine).
Remember.
How often do you remember your testimony? Or do you have a testimony of God's saving power in your life? If God has brought you out of the slavery of sin, from being a slave of Satan, then you do. What if Sundays were a day for you to remember, to reflect, to be in awe of where God has brought you from... what God has brought you out of? What if you had a day to remember the mighty works of God in your life? A day to remember the lengths to which your Creator went to save you, to bring you out... A day to realize that He cares about your life, down to the details, and is still just as Almighty and All-powerful as in days gone by...
I encourage you to take time today (and every Sunday) to remember ...and give thanks!
2 comments:
hmmmmm....VERY good thoughts. Thank you...
(btw, the "word verification" they want me to type below is "rests"...very appropriate, huh?)
:)
is there another word for remember?...I have trouble doing that!..:)
sorry..I appreciate your post, your heart, and your teachings..I just wish I could always remember! love you and can't wait til you get back here for our staycation!
Post a Comment